How can I protect myself from fraudulent transactions?
This is what we will help train you on. We recommend the following “basic” fraud protection measures:
- Get a signed receipt for all card-present transactions.
- Require “CVV” or “CCV” (card code verification) on card-not-present transactions.
- Require at least partial AVS (address verification system) “match” on card-not-present transactions.
- Review transactions with a different “ship to” and “bill to” address (if you accept a transaction with different billing & shipping addresses, you cannot dispute a chargeback, even if the billing AVS matches).
- Review transactions from outside the USA.
- Watch for transactions that are “too good to be true”…they often are! If it’s the first time a customer has ordered from you, and wants a very large or expensive order over-nighted ASAP, its worth double-checking by manually confirming the order with the customer.
- Review transactions that were preceded by several failed transactions, especially if different credit card numbers were used.
- On Card-Not-Present transactions, especially on higher ticket transactions, require a signed authorization form from your customers. We can provide you a draft form to update with your company information to have your customers sign and return.
- Monitor the “velocity” of transactions. Signs of fraud are if several transactions are submitted in a row with the same IP address, same email address, same name or billing address, but different card numbers.
Besides these basic fraud protection measures, we also advocate the following:
- Verified by Visa & MasterCard 3D Secure (VbV and 3DS). Protect yourself from chargebacks for “fraud” reasons.
- Fraud Scrubbing: AVS & CCV alone is not fail-proof. Bolster your confidence and bottom-line by preventing fraudulent orders before they occur.
Fraud Scrubbing is a rule-set based fraud management utility that allows merchants to configure extensive filters to help them in detecting fraud and screening suspicious transactions. Our extensive reporting system gives merchants a quick and easy way to review transactions, block suspicious activity, and zero in on malicious users. It’s a vital part of our merchant account processing services.
This service looks at transactions both before and after processing and can decline transactions before and after authorization. The successful implementation and reduction in chargebacks across numerous merchants has been a testament to the effectiveness of this product.
Some example parameters are included below:
If a user changes credit card over  times for [Attempted] transactions, then [Deny Transaction].
If daily [Attempted] transaction count for Credit Card exceeds , then [Flag for Review].
If daily [Attempted] transaction count for IP exceeds , then [Flag for Review].
Easy-to-Use Management Tools
Our web-based management tools give merchants quick and user-friendly control over their online fraud security system. The control panel allows merchants to maintain their own good and bad customer list, edit filters, restrict access by banning IPs, and set up and maintain filter controls. For example: Possible filtering criteria include but are not limited to IP Address, Email Address, Transaction Count, Dollar Amount, IP Velocity check, Dollar Velocity check, Country, US/Non-US IP Ban, and much more.
Properly set fraud filters eliminate the majority of fraudulent transactions in real time. The selected filters can be customized for each merchant, which are continuously updated to keep the merchant one step ahead of the fraudsters.
No Cost Pre-application Form!
(Se habla español) Phone: 1+ 224-357-6314